Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need to replace water hose on slide

1. Back To Top    #1

Need to replace water hose on slide

Hi there,

The small water tube that runs up the slide to squirt water onto the slide needs to be replaced. My slide looks like a standard slide with a curve. I can't find any labels on the slide to indicate the brand, type, size etc. I've seen replacement tubing parts on-line, but am wondering how I know what to order. Are these replacement tubes pretty standard across slide brands? I think I also need to replace the nozzles because water only trickles out. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    27K gallon, IG vinyl pool, SD80 Sand Dollar sand filter-Michigan, 1hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need to replace water hose on slide

You can generally get small clear vinyl tubing by the foot from most big box hardware stores
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

The most common type of kit needed is this one: http://www.amazon.com/Swimming-Pool-...r+smith+slides

If you're fittings are still good and that looks like the one, I'd just run new tubing and reuse the fittings. 1/4" flexible tubing can be had for cheap at any hardware store.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

4. Back To Top    #4

Great thanks! I think I will start with buying just the tubing first. I'm thinking of soaking the fittings in vinegar to clean out the buildup. I have a feeling buildup is what caused the trickle of water, in addition to a cracked tube.
    27K gallon, IG vinyl pool, SD80 Sand Dollar sand filter-Michigan, 1hp pump

5. Back To Top    #5

If your CH was high at some point you could have had build up causing the trickle. Soaking in vinegar and scrubbing with a toothbrush should work great! Replace the o-ring at the hose adapter while you're at it too. Mine leaked like a sieve but is better, not perfect with a new vinyl rubber o-ring. Usually in multipacks at the hardware store.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons