Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaRite and Calcium

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaRite and Calcium

The AquaRite manual wants there to be calcium in the water. I am not sure if this is just general pool thinking like Leslie's will tell you. If the AquaRite really needs it, I would like to know since I just switched to an AquaRite SWG. Do we really need the calcium up to their recommended levels? Does it help with keeping water balance at all?
    Fred

20'x40' ~33,000 gallon IG vinyl liner pool. Sand filter. Hayward AquaRite SWG ( T-15 cell )
    TF-100 Test Kit and Taylor K-1766 Salt Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaRite and Calcium

The only thing that raising the CH level would do is increase your chance of calcium scaling within the cell. The SWG should not care what the CH level is.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Interesting.... On page 4 of this pdf file (I think it's the same manual) it says,
    "The table below summarizes the levels that are recommended by The Association ofPool and Spa Professionals (APSP). The only special requirements for the Aqua Rite
    are the salt level and stabilizer
    "

Emphasis added.
    Last edited by Richard320; 06-06-2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: link
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, that is pretty definitive ... thanks Richard.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I agree, sounds like I shouldn't care much. I have got to ask, just in case I am missing something. Thanks fellas.
    Fred

20'x40' ~33,000 gallon IG vinyl liner pool. Sand filter. Hayward AquaRite SWG ( T-15 cell )
    TF-100 Test Kit and Taylor K-1766 Salt Test Kit