Weekend purchase: Intex vs PRO Series 16x48 pros/cons

And the party has started lol. Got 80' terrace border on its way from HD and waiting for my skimmer to ship from Amazon that O I ordered Sunday ugh!

Wow! Still waiting to SHIP or ARRIVE? I ordered ours on a Sunday and had it on a Tuesday. I do have amazon prime which costs $99 a year, but with a lot of items you get free two day shipping. Prime also comes with some video streaming which we cannot use due to internet issues at our house. Just my two cents. I'm normally a cheap *** and now will not order any thing if it won't ship with my prime perks... I've already paid $99 for shipping this year! Ha!

Disclaimer....I do not work for Amazon, just a little ol' librarian!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you know someone with Prime, and they really like you, they can add you to their Prime account and you too can reap the benefits of free shipping. Other benefits like movies, books, etc are not available.

Sometimes even PRIME items do not ship from Amazon... so that might be the delay... these pools are heavy... got mine at walmart for the online price but in store, and my buddy and I are not weaklings and that thing was still heavy. So it might be coming freight... I don't know if the UPS guy can handle one alone... LOL

Not true....the hoses that come with the 2650 will hook to the barbed fitting that comes with the skimmer. All you have to do is let the nut slide down the hose and push the hose up on the barbed fitting and add a hose clamp to secure it. I ran mine this way for a couple of weeks before I hard plumbed the whole thing. You will only need to build the adaptors if you plan on hard plumbing. The Hayward skimmer uses standard pipe threads and I would recommend adding a shut off valve in between the skimmer and the barbed fitting that comes with the skimmer like I did in the picture below.

If you are going to hard plumb or need to hook anything directly to the pump or Intex pool valves...the link provided is how you build the adaptors.

Alright guys and gals! Pool is up, hayward skimmer on but we totally missed the ball valve. So currently its Skimmer barb with intex hose pushed tightly on and hose clamped to my 635T. I need to clean my dang filter :(

Can I get the above ball valve above or from home depot and add it in between or do I need an adapter? I know Dohenys sells intex adapters but not sure if they are for the 1.25 to 1.5" Hose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.