Re: Stains on replastered pool

Tom Jensen

In The Industry
Jun 6, 2014
Atlanta

Moved from http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/76221-Stains-on-replastered-pool Please start your own thread when you have a question. :wink: Butterfly

Try placing a vitamin c tablet on one of the stained areas and see if the stain clears up in that spot.

I have a similar problem. About 6 weeks ago my landlord replastered the pool. No after care was done that I know of. I could see white powder at the bottom of the pool. The main drain had been sealed off years ago due to rupture. No brushing, no vacuuming. I did find 2 empty bottles of muriatic acid in the recycle bin so I assume that is what they did. I have since purchased a brush, a vacuum and a skimmer and have cleaned as best I could and the yellow stains are still there. I tried the vitamin c trick and it appears to do nothing. Yesterday I tested the water and the FAC and TAC were both at a 2, the pH was 7.4, Calcium Hardness was low at 150 ppm, CYA was at 35, the TA was a 40 and I added 10lbs of Alkalinity Up from Leslie's, it called for 12 1/2 lbs, the TDS was 900, and the phosphate level was at 200. From what I have read these stains were caused by poor curing. What can I do to get rid of them? I am also seeing what appears to be black spots.
Thank you.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I'm sorry no one responded yet. You should probably try and keep your FC from dropping below 3 and with your low CYA you'll probably lose a lot of chlorine from sunlight. If you have stains from poor plaster workmanship I don't know how to fix that. Perhaps someone with more knowledge in that area can help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.