Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Austech Leak Detection & Pool Repairs, Austin, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Thumbs up Austech Leak Detection & Pool Repairs, Austin, TX

It's about time that I posted about this company.

They installed a new skimmer on my pool two years ago. The part where the skimmer touches the pool has been leaking constantly.
    I have a report from a leak detection company that says the skimmer was not correctly installed (not properly connected to the pool).
    Patching does not work. I now have to dig out my deck and replace the skimmer they installed.
    Basically, its costing me twice to get the job done correctly.

They installed a salt water generator BEFORE the pump. As you may know, this can cause the pump to explode.
    ~23,500 Gallon In-Ground Plaster Pool, Intelliflo VS+ Pump, Hayward 4820 DE Filter, IntelliChlor IC40 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Austech Leak Detection & Pool Repairs, Austin, TX

Thanks for this post. I am going to be getting new plaster next year and will be sure NOT to use these people. Are you going to get the location of the generator reworked on your own? This sounds like a serious error on their part.
    15K IG, WetEdge technology lined pool, StaRite pump, Hayward DE filter, Hayward Navigator, Zodiac MX8 (junked).

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Austech Leak Detection & Pool Repairs, Austin, TX

Quote Originally Posted by pikeman View Post
    Thanks for this post. I am going to be getting new plaster next year and will be sure NOT to use these people. Are you going to get the location of the generator reworked on your own? This sounds like a serious error on their part.
    I had to hire another firm to move the salt generator. I spoke to H&H Tile about replastering my pool. http://www.handhtileandplaster.com/
    They claimed to do alot of work in Austin but I have not checked their references.
    ~23,500 Gallon In-Ground Plaster Pool, Intelliflo VS+ Pump, Hayward 4820 DE Filter, IntelliChlor IC40 SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

Austech Leak Detection & Pool Repairs, Austin, TX

Wow! Sorry to hear that...what a waste of your time and money all because the Installers refused to read an installation manual...most tell you that the SWG is installed AFTER pump and filter.

Best of luck to you on the repairs