(the following takes place over the past two years).
1. purchased a house with an approx 20 year old pool
2. It had a big tree next to the pool
3. The skimmer and deck under the tree was cracking
4. Tree had to be removed (Blew dirt in the pool, looked like a swamp, water had to be replaced)
5. Got recommendations for a company to replace skimmer from pool builders.
6. Actually, the guy first recommended showed up, took measurements and never called me back
7. Unfortunately, this left me with the second company (I called their references - must have been a set up!)
8. This second company jackhammers the deck - and .... turns out THE SKIMMER IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANYTHING - It's a "Dummy" Skimmer (They should have known - right!)
9. They now have to dig about 50 feet of PVC to connect the skimmer to the pump (turns out not the same diameter of PVC as the other skimmer)
10. This is done - OK
11. They also install a SWG... but... They install the SWG BEFORE the pump (This can cause an EXPLOSION - they have no idea what they are doing)
12. They are paid thousands of dollars
13. Try to get them to come back and fix the installation, but they stop returning phone calls and I decide I don't want them near my pool because they almost blew up the pump
14. Hire another pool service guy to fix the SWG installation.
15. He also replaces the spider gasket on the Multi-Port Valve
16. Then... a few months later THE POOL STARTS LEAKING
17. Hire a Leak Detection guy (this costs too much btw)
18. tells me... THE SKIMMER WAS NOT INSTALLED CORRECTLY - THEY DIDN'T SEAL IT TO THE POOL - ALL WE CAN DO IS PATCH
19. They patch the skimmer for a bucket of cash
20. Six months later skimmer starts leaking again
21. They come back replace it under warranty
22. The pool is covered for the winter
23. The single power pump starts whining
24. Get a NEW PUMP - another bucket of cash
25. The valves by the pool are busted - need to be replaced - more cash
26. The multi-port valve needs to be replaced - event thought the first guy replaced the spider gasket - more cash
27. The SWG not working correctly (this is NOT a joke) - need a NEW SWG - its raining cash!!
28. Uncover the pool for the season
29. It's leaking again - NICE!
30. Looks like I have to replace the skimmer--- AGAIN!
PS. I left out the part about the electric panel for the house being too close to the pool (which was never properly permitted) and the inspector requiring extensive the electrical work including digging a new pipe across our backyard and how I ended up with a big electric meter in the middle of my backyard
OK - Vent Over