Pool water level? Not sure how high I should be?

May 31, 2014
Wentzville, MO
Here is a picture of my pool, its kind of hard to see the level of water but if you look closely there seems to be a ring of stain around it several inches higher than my current level. (I need to clean that off if possible) Anyways its about 3 inches above the bottom of the skimmer intake.

What do you guys think, does it need to be higher?

http://i.imgur.com/USNIfTv.jpg

Thank you!

Thanks guys, the previous owner did mention using a magic eraser but I was worried they would be abrasive to the surface. But if they are safe to use I have a box of them already. (3 kids)

Its about 2 inches above skimmer opening today, I suppose I need to add some water? I think its so low now its keeping the flapper on the skimmer basket from moving.

Thanks guys, the previous owner did mention using a magic eraser but I was worried they would be abrasive to the surface. But if they are safe to use I have a box of them already. (3 kids)

Its about 2 inches above skimmer opening today, I suppose I need to add some water? I think its so low now its keeping the flapper on the skimmer basket from moving.
If you're not seeing a vortex in the skimmer and there's no sound like a toilet flushing, the water is high enough. The flapper won't move unless there's waves. So if no one is in the pool, it won't move much. Work on the ring while it's out of the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.