Hardwire 220V Stenner...anybody do it?

budgetplan1

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 1, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Got a hold of a 220VAC Stenner to pair with P1353ME timer, 220VAC at equipment pad.

Figr'd the Stenner would come w/ no cord, like pump or heater so imagine my surprise when it came with a NEMA 6-15 cord on it. Alas, a few choices I guess:

1. Cut receptacle plug off end of Stenner cord, wire to timer circuit 3.
2. Install applicable female receptacle wired to timer to plug Stenner into; receptacle by timer.

Choice #1 obviously voids Stenner warranty, choice number #2 involves extra work/cord & not nicely sealed away contained in weather tight conduit.

What to do, what to do? Anyone else have a similar situation and, if so, how resolved? Can Stenner be taken apart and cord completely removed for direct wiring? Not sure, haven't started poking around yet...

I cut the end of the cord off when I did my installed. That worked well, but now I wish I had gone with an outlet. These days I bring the Stenner indoors for the winter, which would be a little simpler if there was an outlet.

You could add an outlet box with a 220V plug, and pigtail it to the timer outlet with the pump on it, so the stenner runs when the pump runs, you will always have mixing that way.

I'm leaning in that direction; the timer has 3 relays/circuits on it; 1 & 2 for lo/hi pump speed and 3 for ostensibly a cleaner booster pump with a pre-programmed mode for #3 not running when 1 or 2 not energized, which is where I'll hook up the stenner. I guess instead of wiring the stenner directly to circuit 3 of the timer, I'll just put a 220 outlet box between them. Will allow for easier removal of Stenner in off season...just really not thrilled about having 220 receptacle open to elements, even when stenner plugged in.

Simple wiring the receptacle, just an added step that was unforseen.

I put an outlet box with 220 plug for my stenner. Don't cut the plug, it does void the warranty.

I'll post a pictures once I get the kiddo down for her nap...

2u2u6yme.jpg

qyvedudy.jpg

ubataduh.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.