Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help! New at this!

1. Back To Top    #1

Wink Help! New at this!

I got a print out from my local pool guys and they are saying I need 1.5lbs of Super Soluble. How does that compare to 8.25% bleach? Can anyone help?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help! New at this!

Super Soluble is just Bio Guards name for Dichlor, dichlor is a stabilized chlorine product so it adds both FC and CYA to the water, in addition it is somewhat acidic. Over time the FC will burn off and the CYA will remain and build up in the water until the CYA levels get too high and you have to drain and replace the water. In comparison bleach only adds FC and a bit of salt.

Ike

- - - Updated - - -

As far as other advice goes we need a lot more information like, how big and what type is your pool, how do you normally chlorinate, and it would be nice to have reliable test results not just some pool stores interpretation that everything else is fine, the problem is we don't tend to trust pool store testing

p.s. one 96 once bottle of 8.25% bleach will raise FC by about the same amount as 1 pound of dichlor
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

The pool is a 30X14X5.5 rectangular plaster and approx. 17,000 gal. All I have are the results from the pool store at this time. They are as follows... FC = 0, pH = 7.9, TA = 80, CH = 129. I'm in the process of ordering a reliable test kit. We chlorinate with bleach.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Steve315 View Post
    The pool is a 30X14X5.5 rectangular and approx. 17,000 gal. All I have are the results from the pool store at this time. They are as follows... FC = 0, pH = 7.9, TA = 80, CH = 129. I'm in the process of ordering a reliable test kit.

Don't just compare pricing; compare the number of tests you get http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...its-comparison
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm very new at this also and your reading from the store looks very similar to mine. Is your pool green??
    24x52 AG pool (16,900gallons) with Eco Kleer 2013 19" Sand Filter w/ 1.5 HP pump
    Pool was installed 11 months ago. (July 2013)

6. Back To Top    #6

When you get some reliable numbers from your test kit, post back and we can help you get things sorted away, until then there would be a lot of guessing going on.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    When you get some reliable numbers from your test kit, post back and we can help you get things sorted away, until then there would be a lot of guessing going on.
    Yep... We need test results. Test Kit Comparison
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter