Installing valve actuator

Azmp1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 20, 2012
Maryland
Hi all,
Just received the Intermatic actuator for my sheer decent valve. Spent half an hour looking at my Aqualink rs control center and I'm not sure how to hook it up. I have Intake, return and solar JVA sockets all unused, but how do I assign one of them to use for what I need? And how do I add the new option to my Aqualink touch remote?
For the life of me I cannot find my manual for the control center either...so can't look anything up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea looking for it right now, but hopefully there are folks on here who've installed these and can walk me through, it'll make my life so much easier))

Yea I hear that... I called Zodiac support, thinking they may walk me through, and the support guy was completely non interested in helping. Eventually, told me I need to call the tech for any wiring issues. Well, I'm not wiring anything, just need to plug it in and then program it. It's the programming part that I'm not sure about it mainly.

Folks, anyone? I can't be the first person adding a JVA to a control center... I really don't want to spend $$ on the service call for what's probably a 10 min. setup.
I really appreciate it.

Thank you, I actually already found the manual, but it's very generic on JVA assignments... Hoping someone can chime in that has done this and can walk me through.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just to be sure of the control type - you say you have the Aqualink Touch. This is the one with a color screen like this one, right?

TCHLNK-RF_alinktouch-1.jpg

If so...

1. Plug the valve actuator into any of the 3 sockets
2. Go to Menu --> System Setup --> Assign JVAs (usually on page 2)
3. On that page, highlight the button on the left side that corresponds to the socket used for the actuator
4. In the list to the right, choose an unused AUX
5. Go back to the "System Setup" page 1 and go to the "Label Aux" page
6. Choose the Aux that you assigned the actuator to
7. Label with either one from their lists or custom label if desired, then touch "Save" (this is critical!!!)
8. Back your way out to the Home page (not critical)
9. It should work fine at this point, but you might want to power down the Aqualink control board in the power center outside to get the changes to take
10. Enjoy!

Yes this is exactly it and it worked perfectly! Thank you!!!

And how hard would it have been for Zodiac support to walk me through this.... That's exactly what I asked and they kept telling me that this requires a tech to come out. Took all of 5 minutes.

One thing I've noticed that I found strange is that both intake and return JVAs are showing as "busy" but nothing is plugged into those sockets (I was planning to use one of those, but ended up using solar JVA socket). I thought those are used for spa JVAs, but I have no spa....

Even though you don't have a spa, the unit might have a CPU that is coded for a pool/spa combo. That would lock out the use of those for auxiliary uses. If you go to the help menu you can look into the exact model and Rev number for your CPU.

I see.
Here's the info:
Model: rs8-combo
Aqualink: rev-t
CPU p/n: b0029221

Does that tell you anything?
Is that possible to replace the CPU that's for pool only without replacing the entire system? It would be nice to have these JVAs available as I have more plans in the future :)

I see.
Here's the info:
Model: rs8-combo
Aqualink: rev-t
CPU p/n: b0029221

Does that tell you anything?
Is that possible to replace the CPU that's for pool only without replacing the entire system? It would be nice to have these JVAs available as I have more plans in the future :)

Yes, you can replace just the CPU. You'll have to reprogram it from scratch - which isn't really too big a task.

Was the install done by a contractor? If so, they can call Zodiac and they'll send a free CPU with a shipping label to return the old one.

If it's a DYI install, I'm not sure of the policy.

yes the system was installed as it is now as part of the pool build. I will get a hold of my builder and will ask him to do what you've suggested as I certainly don't need pool+spa CPU.
thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.