As suggested on this forum, I am starting my SLAM process. I just added the Muratic Acid in order to lower my Ph from 7.8 to 7.4. I will test that soon.
As for SLAM, I just want to make sure I understand the process from Pool School.
1st: I add the bleach while pump is running (PoolMath is telling me to add 368 ounces of 8% bleach). So just add in front of the return all at once?
2nd: Vacuum pool. Can I do this within the first few hours of adding all the bleach?
3rd, Backwash & Clean filter.
4th, test the water. I am looking for CC of 0 (mine is starting with 0, will that change during SLAM?), overnight test with less than 1.0 loss, and clear water. Then I am done?
1. I never turn off pump during all this time?
2. When is pool safe to swim in?
3. Can this be done in one application of bleach? Considering that my CC is zero and my pool is only mildly cloudy, will one high dose of chlorine possible be enough?
4. If my pool doesn’t pass the three tests in the morning, I just add bleach again to bring it up to a 30ppm FC? And vaccum, and test again?
5. After I pass the tests, where do I go from there? Let the FC drift down on its own? Do I wait to run the SWG until it drops to a 4 or so?