Chlorine going bye bye in my pool

Mar 24, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Greetings to the all knowing of TFP. My pool is doing great but with one problem. As you can tell in my signature block I have an Intex 16'x48" AGP. with Intex SWG. I can't keep the chlorine levels up about 5 or 7. they keep dropping off.

Do I need to add some sort of stabilizer to the water to keep the levels up?

:confused::x:suspect:

Do you have a good test kit? If not you will need to get one so you can test your water.

Have you added any kind of balancer/stabilizer to your pool? Without it the sun will take all of your chlorine. The stabilizer (CYA) with buffer the chlorine from the sun. You can also have too much CYA.

Okay I see the FC, TC, and CC are all listed as >10 BUT what are their exact values/levels? If you have more that .5 CC you need to SLAM so.............

I cannot find what tests the Taylor K2004B kit has.

I am sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Kim

Definitely order the TF 100 DaSarge. If your stabilizer is 30ppm you will need to increase it if you're using a SWG. Once you get your TF100, we can offer you more advice but in the mean time, I'd bring the CYA level up to 70 using PoolMath. :goodjob:

Hi Dave. I see you're in Chesapeake. Deep Creek here. I just tested my CYA 2 days ago to find that it didn't even come close to 30 and I was at 55~60 last summer. I was surprised. I guess that's what a ton of rain and snow will do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.