pH question/AA treatment

dattia

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2008
West Chester, PA
I am in the middle of an AA treatment right now and have not achieved the instant gratification that I was hoping for. Trying to decide if I should go and get the super expensive stain remover from my local pool store, or give it a little time. Last year, I used Natures Chemistry Stain Free (citric acid, I believe) and subsequently Metal Free. After my treatment, I read on this forum that Metal Free wasn't really as effective and not one of the recommended sequestrants. This year I thought I would get tough with my pool and I ordered EZ Stain Remover online for a decent price and also ordered Stain Away sequestrant. I thought this was the stronger stuff, but since I did not see a great improvement, I just looked at the label and there are NO ingredients listed. Now I am not sure exactly what I put in the pool. May be ascorbic, may be citric and I'm not really sure what the sequestrant's active ingredients are.

The stains (a 1 foot deep band around the entire pool just under the printed border at the top of the liner) look a little lighter, but not what I expected at all.

After all this, my question is... Do I keep the pH on the low end for the entire season or is 7.5 a good place to be to avoid the stains return (provided I actually get rid of them). I do understand that I will be adding a sequestrant as part of routine maintenance.

Diver Dave/AA Treatment

Is it a bad idea to put my Diver Dave in to clean the bottom of the pool during an AA treatment. After less than desirable results yesterday, I put more ascorbic acid in this morning and the stains have greatly diminished. While we are not swimming, I would like to put the bot in to vacuum. Is it OK?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.