Painted pool cannot keep up FC level

rmaljak

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2007
Sterling Hts, MI
I painted my pool this year with epoxy paint and cannot keep the chlorine level up. I put in 25,000 gals of city water and I thought opening the pool this year would be a easier this year. I did the chlorine drop test and brought the chlorine level up to 15 and tested it for around 8 hours and it was at 15 at the last test around 10:00PM. When I tested it the next morning it was back down to 0. Where do I go from here? Water is crystal clear.
FC- 0
CC-0
TC-0
PH-7.5
T/A-120
CH-250
CYA-40
Temp-74
Borates-50

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

You you are saying you raised the FC up to 15ppm at 2PM and it was still there at 10PM? But by the next morning it was gone? That just does not seem possible. The loss during the day will always be more than the loss at night.

You just have to keep adding chlorine. Going forward, please post the time, the FC and CC levels and the chemical additions and lets see what we learn.

BTW, is that you signature?

I was testing it every hour and raising the FC to 15 and the CC level was at 0 so that's why I'm confused as to why the FC level will not hold.

P.S. How do I change this at the bottom of my post:
My pool is:
25,000 Gallons
Gunite
18' x 36'
Sand Filter

That is different than what you said in the first post. When you tested was it always 15ppm or were you adding bleach after every test to get back to 15ppm? Going forward post your test results.

If you were continually adding bleach to stay at 15ppm all day, and then it dropped at night, there must be something in the water consuming the FC. You need to continue the SLAM Process.

Thanks for the info, I'll start the SLAM process again tomorrow morning since it's already 5:00PM here in Michigan. I guess there must be a lot of organics in city water. I thought maybe the epoxy paint had something to do with the FC not holding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.