Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is the AGP vinyl fencing removable in winter???

1. Back To Top    #1

Is the AGP vinyl fencing removable in winter???

*1st time pool owners here
    Working on getting my new 16'x48" pool setup this weekend and need to figure out a safety fence. We're thinking of either renting a chain link fence for the few months it will be up (till Sep) or will go with the vinyl fencing that can be installed on the top of the AGP. I saw another member here was successful in installing that fencing on a 16' Intex, I was wondering, how hard is it to disassemble in the winter when taking down the pool? Or is it semi permanent...

Thank you in advance!!! Can't wait to get my TFP started =)
    AG EasySet 12x30 1438? gal
    Standard equipment A type filter
    Pool build 6/22/2014?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is the AGP vinyl fencing removable in winter???

Are we allowed to bump?

3. Back To Top    #3

I am in the process of installing this same fencing. I will say this to take it down every year it will require some work. For each post there is one main screw for the uprights. So it will depend on how many legs are on the pool
    20'x54" intex ultra Sand filter. with SWG Still work in progress will have Resin 24" fence around the top. Hooked to a 10x6 Deck that is attached to another 10'x6' Kids Club house. Slide from main deck into pool. Intex softwall lights. Kenwood Marine radio sealed in a deck box all Bluetooth controlled with Pyle 5" outdoor speakers.

4. Back To Top    #4

You're allowed to bump!

I have never heard of renting a chain link fence.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Would I be un-screwing the pieces that screw into the metal uprights of the pool frame? That doesn't sound good. I think they would strip out? We have snow in the winter so I'll have to take down the pool. The other problem is that my backyard isn't fenced, so I have to figure out something for safety otherwise I have to return the pool

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Yes you would be unscrewing it.... Its supposed to be a permanent thing..... Man people who live in snow leave their pools up over winter...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

7. Back To Top    #7

There are a lot of people who winterize their pools DaddyGreenJeans. They close them at SLAM levels when the pool gets to about 60 degrees and open them early after the big thaw when the pool hits about 60 degrees and when done correctly, they are crystal clear. Take the time to learn the TFPC way and purchase a reliable test kit and you will see for yourself how easy it can be! You have to do the reading of Pool School and be willing to learn it or it won't work.

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I left my Intex Ultraframe up this past winter, with no ill-effect. I had been planning on taking it down and had drained it to 6", when there were some family health problems. In the spring there were quite a few leaves in it because I hadn't covered it, and after spending some time cleaning it, all was well. I did manage to get the filter drained and stored in the shed, so no problems there either. We had one of the coldest winters in a long time, and the liner is fine.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

9. Back To Top    #9

I'll have to do more research sounds like. I thought with all the snow and stuff I'd have to take it down. I'm guessing I'd need a hard Cover to keep snow out of pool? With all the chlorine does the pool water freeze? Wouldn't that cause stress on the liner? Thanks everyone! I soo want this to work.

10. Back To Top    #10

Just the uprights will have to come off the fence not the part that hooks to the metal.

20'x54" intex ultra Sand filter. with SWG Still work in progress will have Resin 24" fence around the top. Hooked to a 10x6 Deck that is attached to another 10'x6' Kids Club house. Slide from main deck into pool. Intex softwall lights. Kenwood Marine radio sealed in a deck box all Bluetooth controlled with Pyle 5" outdoor speakers.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyGreenJeans View Post
    I'll have to do more research sounds like. I thought with all the snow and stuff I'd have to take it down. I'm guessing I'd need a hard Cover to keep snow out of pool? With all the chlorine does the pool water freeze? Wouldn't that cause stress on the liner? Thanks everyone! I soo want this to work.
    I wintered my Intex Ultraframe this winter. Drained it to just below the outlet after it dropped below 60, removed the outlet (left the skimmer attached) removed the hoses, drained the sand filter (left the filter in place but brought the pump and swg in to the shed, tied 4 truck inner tubes together in the middle of the pool and tied them to the sides so they wouldn't drift, then put a mesh cover over the whole thing to keep debris out but allow water to flow through. Had no problem with the tons of snow we got this winter. Opened it a few weeks ago and it was still crystal clear.
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter

12. Back To Top    #12

What were the inner tubes for? We get down to negitive temps sometimes here in central Oregon, so the water doesn't freeze?
    Pool build 6/22/2014?

13. Back To Top    #13

Inner tubes are to prevent the mesh cover from sinking into the water.
    Yes, the water did freeze, the inner tubes also help prevent expansion outward (toward the walls) by providing a buffer that prevents the center from freezing first.
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter

14. Back To Top    #14

Very awesome, I just might have to try this. Thank you !!!
    Pool build 6/22/2014?

15. Back To Top    #15

It's not that bad DaddyGreenJeans! We will help you winterize it when it's time!