Pool Opening Issues

ammody

Jun 5, 2014
Dayton, Nj
For last 3 years I have had Pool Shop open our pool during spring season. This year in an attempt to save money tried doing this myself and now I am seriously questioning my judgement. It might very well be possible that these issues might still have surfaced if professionals had open our pool. Hoping that I can learn by mistakes and save some money in future. Here are a couple of things with which I really need help -
1. Pool Heater: We have a Hayward 250BTU natural gas heater. I opened up the main gas valve and tried firing it up, but after few attempts it showed me an IF error. Am I missing any steps? What should I do to get the heater working again?

2. Step Jets: I removed the winter plugs and installed the step jets, but the water flow doesn't seem to be same as prior years. We also don't see any air bubbles even when we open up the screw that's on the top left corner of the step jet. Also, I have threaded one of the O rings the other way round. Basically the side with the hooks is inside. What's the best way to remove it and put it back properly?

Really appreciate any help you can provide on this.

Attachments

• stepjet.jpg
    stepjet.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 64
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.