Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Splitting Hoses on Above Ground Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

tiffin, oh

Splitting Hoses on Above Ground Pool

Can anyone explain to me why we would be having trouble with our connection hoses splitting on our above ground pool? We have never had this problem before but for some reason when we hook up the hoses they are splitting within a couple of days. None of the existing hard connections have changed and we are using the same size hoses as always. We even bought new clamps for the hoses in case they were somehow causing the hoses to become pierced. They are splitting right at the connection point. We have completely changed out all the hoses twice within the last couple of weeks. Some have probably been changed four times. I am at a loss as to what the root cause is. Any ideas or suggestions as to how to proceed? I am really nervous about being away from home and having the hoses burst and the pump burn up in the process.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Canberra Australia

Re: Splitting Hoses on Above Ground Pool

I don't use regular pool hose for exactly that reason... I went with pvc flexi hose.... As for why your hose keeps splitting in the same place, I am at a loss.... Are you buying the same hoses from the same place to replace? Cause it could just be a bad batch of hose......
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction

3. Back To Top    #3

Tucson area, AZ

Re: Splitting Hoses on Above Ground Pool

That's part of the reason I did PVC flex hose for the hose part of my set up, too. Pool hose, even the heavier stuff that came with the pool, just doesn't last in the AZ sunshine!
    Above ground soft side Omega pool
    20 feet diameter, 4 feet deep
    Hayward sand filter
    Hayward 1 HP Matrix pump
    Hayward Aquabug Automatic Pool Cleaner