Frustrated so I emptied pool, dirtier than I thought. Dirt in the pool.

Jun 4, 2013
The pool was pretty freaking clear but cloudy about half way, to where you couldn't see the bottom. We had left the tarp off after ripping it (biggest mistake ever) and I couldn't get the pool clean. I would put wanda the whale in there and within 30 seconds she would suck up too much debris and the pump had to be cleaned, repeat...not gonna happen. So yesterday I started draining it, went to work and woke up this morning and the pool was ankle deep. I cleared out all the debri (which was gross, lots of basically sea-weed, leaves etc.) but there is a lot of dirt in the pool. I started filling it back up thinking I would just vacuum it out with wanda the whale once it was higher... Then I wondered, would all that dirt stop up my sand filter really quick?

So here are my stats

22 ft round
intex sand/salt water

I am going to have to add all the chemicals back in and plan on doing that Saturday/Sunday after I get it filled back up and the dirt is out. I just want to be sure this is going to work. Any ideas? Thanks

Also just to be clear I scrubbed the sides, the bottom and the curve of the pool and washed it all off. There is very small debri left in the pool that I can't get with the net but wanda should be able to handle of this very easily now. I just worry about the dirt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.