Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Frustrated so I emptied pool, dirtier than I thought. Dirt in the pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

Frustrated so I emptied pool, dirtier than I thought. Dirt in the pool.

The pool was pretty freaking clear but cloudy about half way, to where you couldn't see the bottom. We had left the tarp off after ripping it (biggest mistake ever) and I couldn't get the pool clean. I would put wanda the whale in there and within 30 seconds she would suck up too much debris and the pump had to be cleaned, repeat...not gonna happen. So yesterday I started draining it, went to work and woke up this morning and the pool was ankle deep. I cleared out all the debri (which was gross, lots of basically sea-weed, leaves etc.) but there is a lot of dirt in the pool. I started filling it back up thinking I would just vacuum it out with wanda the whale once it was higher... Then I wondered, would all that dirt stop up my sand filter really quick?

So here are my stats

22 ft round
    intex sand/salt water

I am going to have to add all the chemicals back in and plan on doing that Saturday/Sunday after I get it filled back up and the dirt is out. I just want to be sure this is going to work. Any ideas? Thanks

Also just to be clear I scrubbed the sides, the bottom and the curve of the pool and washed it all off. There is very small debri left in the pool that I can't get with the net but wanda should be able to handle of this very easily now. I just worry about the dirt.
    Intex 22 x 52 Ultra, Intex 16" Sand/Saltwater combo

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Frustrated so I emptied pool, dirtier than I thought. Dirt in the pool.

You should clean the filter whenever the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure.

Also, it does not sound like you were following the SLAM Process to get the pool clear. You still are going to have to do that. Do you have one of the Recommended Test Kits required to correctly SLAM?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!