Hayward 1001ID

Sep 17, 2008
I recently inherited a Hayward 1001ID propane heater from an acquaintance who put it in his garage a few years back because "it didnt work". So now it's mine and I'm going to try to get it running, hopefully with the help of some nice folks here who know much more about these things than I do.

I've printed off the manual and parts list and got the water end of the plumbing done. I will do the gas shortly. For right now I'm basically doing a rough/temporary install just to see if I can get it working without dropping a bunch of money on it. If it works, I'll do it up right.

The first thing I notice is it is leaking from what I believe is the water pressure switch. Is there a way I can temporarily bypass that switch just for troubleshooting purposes?

I will assume you mean 100ID heater. If so, the pressure switch is easily bypassed on these with a simple jumper wire. If it is indeed leaking you will need to replace it. These are fairly simple heaters in the way the circuitry works in them, so it should be easy to get it running.

Yes, 100ID - my apologies for the error.

Is this switch threaded in, and if so is it a standard pipe thread? It's leaking pretty badly and if possible I'd like to put a pipe plug in there while I'm figuring out if this thing is worth the effort and expense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.