Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pool is now UP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool is now UP!

Spent all day Sunday leveling and constructing. Thankfully had a couple helping hands that made it go quickly.

We leveled the first 4 feet using the level, then used a 2x6x10 board with the level attached to the last 5 feet of the board.

We then filled in the low spots and releveled.

Then came the foam. What a pain in the butt! Had to assemble, tape, and cut in the driveway. Then move the whole thing to the back yard. My ground is rock hard here in the dessert so I didnt use the pavers.

Built it up and started filling. Connected the 2800 (2150Gph) sand filter and SWCG.

Also installed the Hayward in wall skimmer. Added salt, cya stabilizer (via sock method), and bleach. Backwashed and ran pump for 24 hours. SWCG has not been turned on yet, until i am sure the levels are stable, but think they are right there.

Daughter lives in this thing lol

Gotta say thanks to everyone here for all the resources and advice! My neighbors 15' is always green YUCK, but mine should never do that thanks to this site.

More to come, including current test results.

18'x48" Intex Ultra-Frame (Grey), Intex 2150gph Sand Filter (#28647EG), Intex Krystal Clear SWCG (#54601EG), Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim, Intex LED Light.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool is now UP!

Forgot to mention that it is within 3\8" all around. I took forever on this part and was told by the 35 year construction vet that i was being too precise lol

18'x48" Intex Ultra-Frame (Grey), Intex 2150gph Sand Filter (#28647EG), Intex Krystal Clear SWCG (#54601EG), Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim, Intex LED Light.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Great Jon b15nut... Your daughter looks very happy ...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok so here are the results from my Walmart THT test kit. I will be ordering a TFT kit today.

PH: 7.5
    CL: 5
    CYA: 30
    TA: 130
    Hardness: 250 (this one I not too confident about)

What do you think? Should I bring the CYA level up to ~50?

We have been in the pool every day and I must say that I am kicking myself for not listening to my wife 2 years ago when she first suggested this (dont tell her I said that! )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    Great Jon b15nut... Your daughter looks very happy ...
    Thanks laceygirl! She wakes my wife up at 7am every morning asking to go in the pool lol

5. Back To Top    #5

I'd definitely raise the cya level. Got a salt check kit? Have fun! Don't let anybody get any ideas about using that trampoline in conjunction with the pool!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Great job!

I'd go ahead and raise the CYA. You need more in your location anyway, plus you will need to add some more for the SWG.

We have been in the pool every day and I must say that I am kicking myself for not listening to my wife 2 years ago when she first suggested this (dont tell her I said that! )
    Well, okay, but just remember that she was right!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    I'd definitely raise the cya level. Got a salt check kit? Have fun! Don't let anybody get any ideas about using that trampoline in conjunction with the pool!
    HA....Everyone thinks that! If I were 15 years younger I may have entertained that but now that I can hurt my back getting up from the kitchen table....I will pass Salt check kit will be here today. Should the CYA be raised to 50 or higher than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Great job!

I'd go ahead and raise the CYA. You need more in your location anyway, plus you will need to add some more for the SWG.

Well, okay, but just remember that she was right!
    my memory on that topic is a bit fuzzy already!

8. Back To Top    #8

CYA 70 to 80 w/SWG: See Recommended Levels in Pool School http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...mmended-levels

Also, see http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...rine-generator

my memory on that topic is a bit fuzzy already!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by b15nut View Post
    HA....Everyone thinks that! If I were 15 years younger I may have entertained that but now that I can hurt my back getting up from the kitchen table....
    Is that NOT the truth or what?! I so hear you!

Get in that pool and use the return jet as a back massager. That's what I do on my shoulder! :mrgreeen:
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Thanks for the links!

11. Back To Top    #11

Great job! One question: Do you put your salt water generator first, or last in the line? Just remember, you always want the SWG last.
    NEW POOL : 9 x 18, 48" deep - Bestway brand, 1 HP Intex 3200 Pump/Sand Filter Combo, Wanda the Whale, Hayward through wall skimmer (still in box)
    OLD POOL 5,100 Gallons, 9 x 19 used Splash a Round, Intex SWG, 1.5 HP Hayward Power Flow LX pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 150 sq. ft. filter, hard plumbed, Wanda the Whale,

12. Back To Top    #12

It is last in line.

13. Back To Top    #13

Did you cut the foam out for pavers after the frame was down?? or pavers on top of foam? did you use pavers? looks like there's a stack but can't tel by picks where you placed them?

14. Back To Top    #14

I did not use the pavers. I have hard clay in the yard. The entire frame and pool was placed on the foam. The foam has compressed under the weight of the legs but everything has remained level.

Will be adding more cya with sock method overnight to bump my cya to 70. Then will recheck all levels.

15. Back To Top    #15

Adding some more pics.

Here is the inwall skimmer and just added the pool light. Gonna try it out tonight.

Wanted to remove the copper from the SWCG and had read people leaving it open......that didnt work! Lol so i stopped at home depot and found this 2" kwik cap. Pushed it on and tightened the clamp. Working like a charm!

Here is the link for the cap:
    http://homedepot.com/p/Fernco-2-in-P...102/100372303/

Waiting on delivery of test kit.

16. Back To Top    #16

Also, it seems like i am losing about 1/8" per day of water to evaporation. Could be less though. Its 107 degrees right now. Does that seem about right?

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by b15nut View Post
    Also, it seems like i am losing about 1/8" per day of water to evaporation. Could be less though. Its 107 degrees right now. Does that seem about right?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    Seems low to me.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Seems low to me.
    Then i am not worried lol

And good taste in phone!

19. Back To Top    #19

You're going to love that skimmer box and how it keeps the pool clean!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

20. Back To Top    #20

So far i have been amazed at how low maintenance it has been. Apart from adding some bleach to kill the slimey feel on the wall and some stabilizer no other interference has been needed. Still crystal clear!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast