Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Backwash hose and reel?

1. Back To Top    #1

Backwash hose and reel?

I don't have a pump house. The filter and pump sit outside my shed. There's a concrete area for it all and I lay the hose in layers, always have. And it's fine, I guess, but now after 10 years or so, I need a new hose. I believe I know not to buy the cheap one.

But I think I'd like to keep it on a reel, but I've googled and googled, and haven't found a proper one. I found one for a 1.5" hose, but I have a 2" hose now, and I believe I'd like to keep it that way.

So I'm taking suggestions on hoses and solutions that resemble a reel.

And isn't there some better connection than a hose clamp? Is there some ball-swivel threaded thing that can connect to the backwash pipe?

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Backwash hose and reel?

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!