PH and Water Temp

Apr 9, 2014
San Diego
I just started using a pool cover and it has caused water temp to rise. I have read on here that this may cause PH to change. Water is definitely warmer, maybe 5-7 degrees. My question is, do I need to add muriatic acid if PH reading goes up every time it does if it is related to a water temp change? My PH went up from 7.6 to 8. And if so, I bought some but pool calculator asks for a baume % and I don't see that in the ingredients of the liquid muriatic acid I purchased.
equzeqad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry about temperature having an effect on pH. Watch the pH and keep it between 7.2-7.8. If you have hard water, keep it on the lower end.

The calculator lists percentage first, and Baume degree afterward in the same box. Buy acid that is 20 degree/31.4% for use in you pool.

If this is a new pool, or you have high TA you can expect a quicker pH rise for a while.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.