Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PH and Water Temp

1. Back To Top    #1
    San Diego

PH and Water Temp

I just started using a pool cover and it has caused water temp to rise. I have read on here that this may cause PH to change. Water is definitely warmer, maybe 5-7 degrees. My question is, do I need to add muriatic acid if PH reading goes up every time it does if it is related to a water temp change? My PH went up from 7.6 to 8. And if so, I bought some but pool calculator asks for a baume % and I don't see that in the ingredients of the liquid muriatic acid I purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Intex 15'x4' round AG metal frame pool, 4400 Gallon, Krystal 14" 2150GPH Sand pump/filter .75HP. Taylor 2006 test kit. San Diego, CA.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PH and Water Temp

Don't worry about temperature having an effect on pH. Watch the pH and keep it between 7.2-7.8. If you have hard water, keep it on the lower end.

The calculator lists percentage first, and Baume degree afterward in the same box. Buy acid that is 20 degree/31.4% for use in you pool.

If this is a new pool, or you have high TA you can expect a quicker pH rise for a while.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr