Intex 9x18 or 12x24? Which to buy?

Jul 3, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Hi all, it's been many years since I was here but you all helped me learn a lot with our little 12' intex pool. It was clean the entire season thanks to you all. We are revamping our backyard and will have enough space to get either an intex 9x18 rectangular pool or a 12x24 rectangular pool. Both are bigger than I am use to but the kids are getting older so we are going to "take the plunge". I've also heard the filters they come with for either aren't the greatest so any recommendations in that area would be appreciated. I am not super handy so modifying the actual liner for a different filter is not in my bag of tricks this year.
Any advice on any of this is welcome.
Thank you!
Jenn

Go with the bigger pool if you can. Upgrade the filter/pump to a sand filter. You can alwas use the one that came with it to run a fountain.

I would assume 2650gph pump/sand filter would be the minimum you would want with the 12x24.

I am still learning all this and more experienced folks will chime in.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Get the biggest one you can get... I would have bought the 24 x 12 Intex but I have used every available bit of space with the 18 x 9.... Bearing in mind the 24 x 12 will weigh about 37 tonnes, the 18 x 9 will weigh about 17 tonnes.... Both are very heavy pools when full.... :)

When in doubt, go bigger :) I have a soft sided 9 x 19 pool, and really wish we had something bigger. Looking into getting a 12 x 24 oval pool, which while not many more gallons, provides more swimming length. I currently have a cartridge filter and will tell you the advice I was given: lower hp pump, and a large filter, are the key.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.