Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Diving Board Identification and Replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Diving Board Identification and Replacement

So I bought this house on 4/30, and it had that swamp out back. Well apparently someone, according to the original PB I found by chance, a contractor who wanted it for scaffolding, stole the diving board but left the base. I held out hoping it was at the bottom of the deep end, but thanks to this website, I can see down there now, and well, it's not down there.

I did some investigative work and I think what I've got is a SR Smith Flyte-Deck II, the best-selling model of the biggest manufacturer of diving boards. Makes sense I guess, makes it easy. 11-01 is likely the manufacture date as the pool is from 2002 (written in concrete pool equip pad and matches up w/ filter manufacture date)

Here's the promotional material for the diving board:
    http://www.srsmith.com/media/47124/f...kii_011314.pdf
    I guess I need to measure the length from bolt to fulcrum to see if I need a 6' board (I'm assuming that's what I'll need)

I think this is what I'll probably order unless someone has a better suggestion:

http://amzn.com/B002D48HHE "The Fibre-Dive board retrofits onto the Flyte-Deck II and U-Frame style stands"

Here's some pictures of my diving stump:

I guess I'm just looking for someone to tell me that there's not a bunch of identical diving board bases that look just like mine that won't fit right.

edit: patiently waiting for USPS to forward the package that has the 12V halogen bulb I need for that pool light. The ebay seller I bought it from first sent a 120V bulb. Now I've moved and nobody seems to know where the package is.
    ~26k ~16'x40' in-ground vinyl (the big green monster) - Hayward MaxFlo II 1HP pump - Jacuzzi sand filter
    Polaris 280 w/ booster pump - TF-100 + Speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Diving Board Identification and Replacement

Look at AO Smith diving board stands. Mine is exactly like this and you can use any 2 bolt diving board.
    Tom

18 x 36 Grecian Polynesian Fiberglass Walls with Concrete bottom - 3 ft to 9 1/2 ft. deep -
    Hayward Variable Speed Super Pump SP2600VS 1 1/2 True HP,Hayward sand filter S200, and Hayward auto clorinator. Hayward 250,000 natural gas heater. PoolKeeper automatic water leveler. Loop Loc Ultra Solid Safety Cover. Hayward Color Logic 12 volt light. Dual Pool Deck Jets.
    Polaris 380 auto cleaner. Trouble Free Test Kit TF-100.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Diving Board Identification and Replacement

Thanks! I googled them and AO smith appears to be the same as SR smith. Weird.
    ~26k ~16'x40' in-ground vinyl (the big green monster) - Hayward MaxFlo II 1HP pump - Jacuzzi sand filter
    Polaris 280 w/ booster pump - TF-100 + Speedstir