Cloudy Pool

Jun 4, 2014
Landisville, PA
Hi, I'm new to this forum and looking for help. My pool is cloudy. Very much so in the deep end. Pool is 23000 gallons, in ground. Sand filter. Vinyl liner. Water specs:

FAC 7
TAC 7
CH 250
CYA 35
TA 100
PH 7.2
Copper 0
Iron 0
TDS 300
Pho 100

I use Chlor Brite granuals, 3 inch tabs in skimmers occasionally, I also use liquid bleach to shock, but water has been cloudy for two weeks. Not sure what to do next. Thanks for any help. Appreciate it.

Welcome to TFP :wave:

You will need to follow the SLAM process in Pool School and need to confirm the CYA level before you start.

The best thing you can do is order one of the recommended test kits. The fav around here is the TF100, see link in my sig. Best bang for the buck. Recommended Test kits comparisons in Pool School.

You should stop using stabilized chlorine and only use bleach/liquid chlorine for the SLAM process.

Pool School button top right of each page. Post back with any questions you have and we'd also love to see a pic of your pool :smile:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.