Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Landisville, PA

Unhappy Cloudy Pool

Hi, I'm new to this forum and looking for help. My pool is cloudy. Very much so in the deep end. Pool is 23000 gallons, in ground. Sand filter. Vinyl liner. Water specs:

FAC 7
    TAC 7
    CH 250
    CYA 35
    TA 100
    PH 7.2
    Copper 0
    Iron 0
    TDS 300
    Pho 100

I use Chlor Brite granuals, 3 inch tabs in skimmers occasionally, I also use liquid bleach to shock, but water has been cloudy for two weeks. Not sure what to do next. Thanks for any help. Appreciate it.

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina

Re: Cloudy Pool

Welcome to TFP

You will need to follow the SLAM process in Pool School and need to confirm the CYA level before you start.

The best thing you can do is order one of the recommended test kits. The fav around here is the TF100, see link in my sig. Best bang for the buck. Recommended Test kits comparisons in Pool School.

You should stop using stabilized chlorine and only use bleach/liquid chlorine for the SLAM process.

Pool School button top right of each page. Post back with any questions you have and we'd also love to see a pic of your pool
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Landisville, PA

Re: Cloudy Pool

Thanks for your advice. Pool is clear now. Turns out, I still had a glob of pine needles and leaves in the middle of the deep end that I couldn't see. Got them out with a leaf rake and added bleach to the water. All good now!! Happy Happy!!