Hayward Sand Filter Connected To Intex Pump??

austinsmom01

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Georgia
I'm trying to connect my new Hayward 14" sand filter to my existing 1500 gph Intex pump. Anyone done this and have photos for me to see what hose connections you used? No luck at Home Depot but I don't know what the easiest route is and simplest hardware. I tried to make a diagram but I only confused myself.

Thanks!

Is there any chance you could snap a few pics of the hose you are using to connect hte Intex pump to the filter? Also, can you post a pic of the pump outlet fitting? I know Intex used to use normal hose clamps like every other pool place in the world, but at some point they switched to a threaded thing. Maybe so more people would think they HAVE to use Intex stuff with their pools? :?:

Adam

Here is what I did

100_1456.jpg

Just for temporary, right now it works, my Husband works out of town, I did the best I could..

tootie said:
Here is what I did

100_1456.jpg

Just for temporary, right now it works, my Husband works out of town, I did the best I could..

That is fantastic, thank you. Can you take a pic of the hose going into the pump from the filter and a close up of the connection into the filter? I have the smaller round 16' pool so the valve you have won't fit on mine going back to the return.

launboy said:
Is there any chance you could snap a few pics of the hose you are using to connect hte Intex pump to the filter? Also, can you post a pic of the pump outlet fitting? I know Intex used to use normal hose clamps like every other pool place in the world, but at some point they switched to a threaded thing. Maybe so more people would think they HAVE to use Intex stuff with their pools? :?:

Adam

Thanks Adam but Tootie posted a photo and I think it will help me.

Tootie, your pictures were perfect. It doesn't look as complicated as my head was making it seem! :)

Thanks you so much!
Ps.Do you leave the cartridge in your pump or did you just take it out? Are you happy with the way everything works? Filter clearing your pool ok?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One more question. What does you pressure gauge register when your system is clean?

Somewhere between 7 and 8 psi...

I found out, that I had to set it up pretty leveled or the pressure would drop...
And the hoses could not be bend to much, restriction of flow would let it drop too...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.