Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The horror...the horror

1. Back To Top    #1

The horror...the horror

It's raining and 64 degrees Will we ever get in the pool again?!?!

One day out of the pool and that's what it feels like, despite about a week or more of near-perfect days for swimming and solar heating. Funny how the brain works
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The horror...the horror

I feel your pain!
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

NW PA, halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie in the PA snowbelt

I hear you. We went through 400 gallons which is 2 tanks of heating oil in February and March. It cost us $600 to fill up in February and $800 in March. We saw -32 degrees going to work in the morning, I think it wad early March. I took my first bicycle ride on a new bike I picked up on March 6th and I thought it was pretty warm at 22 after the extreme cold we were experiencing. And now we are complaining that it's only in the 70's.
    Mike

22' round Intex UltraFrame pool, Intex 633T 2500gph paper cartridge filter/pump
    with broken Intex SWG, using bleach this year
    TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by mrodgers View Post
    I hear you. We went through 400 gallons which is 2 tanks of heating oil in February and March. It cost us $600 to fill up in February and $800 in March. We saw -32 degrees going to work in the morning, I think it wad early March. I took my first bicycle ride on a new bike I picked up on March 6th and I thought it was pretty warm at 22 after the extreme cold we were experiencing. And now we are complaining that it's only in the 70's.
    Yeah... I found a new appreciation for 20 degree days after the cold winter we had this past year!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter