I am new to the forum and have followed all the instructions on how to convert from Baquacil to Chlorine. We are done (yeay)and switched the sand in the filter 4 days ago.
First, our pool has NEVER been this crystal clear. We bought the house last year and took over baquacil pool and hated every moment of it. Spent a ton of money, time and
frustration was endless, but pool was never this clear. Now it looks great, but I need a little help.....
It is 20000 gallon pool with a Vinyl Liner. My test kit is a TF-100.
Trying to figure out what I need to do. Have a crystal clear pool since the conversion, but something feels not right since the Chlorine just disappears
right away. We followed all the instructions for conversion and after that have had CC of 0. After the conversion I added PH plus and might have put in a little too much?
Yesterday I added Chlorine to reach FC of 5 and it dropped to 0 in a few hours.
I just ran all the tests and this is what I have:
TA 160 (too high?)
FC 14 ( I added a bit to much this morning because I wanted to see how long it will actually keep on a a cloudy day)(had FC 18 when I had added it)
Our pool has approximately 8-9 hours of sunlight on it.
We had turned a water sample in to a store this morning, but the fella would only tell me
that the PH was way way too high and he told me the TA was 60. I ran the PH and TA twice and the results I get are 7.8 and 160 both times. He also told me my chlorine was way to high. He was not interested in helping since I didn't buy the chlorine pucks from him. I informed him that I had only used liquid chlorine (10%)....That was only used to shock the pool according to him, and not to maintain the pools chlorine levels.
So, now I am wondering what I need to do and is it safe to swim if the FC is too high?
Thanks for a wonderful website with great advice and hurray for no more BAQUACIL.