So we are going to be buying our first pool within a week or so.. It will be a 24' x 54" pool.. I have a few questions as I really know nothing.. I mean I've read A LOT but still, without actually DOING anything I really don't know what to even expect..
I want to try this BBB method.. Here are some of my first questions / worries..
1. Do I need the SWG? I didn't plan on getting this but it looks like a lot of folks here have one..
2. I'm going to be filling my pool up with city water.. Is this going to be a problem starting out?
3. Should I have a good supply of bleach, borax, baking soda, and acid before I get the pool? If so, how much?
4. What exactly should I be expecting with this pool? Clear water going in from my hose.. It's all filled up.. Then I test it and go from there?
5. I have numerous co-workers and neighbors who own pools and could help me.. However, if I go the BBB route that pretty much rules out any help from them as none of them use it..
6. One of my co-workers, I had mentioned this to him, and he said "liquid bleach/chlorine dissolves/evaporates/leaves the pool faster than if you use shock and chlorine tablets. this behavior will be the worst when it is hot with a lot of sun" and that I would have to be adding bleach a lot more often and shocking my pool more often..
Anything else I may be missing please feel free to give input..
Thanks so much!