Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PH Drop

1. Back To Top    #1

PH Drop

I have noticed my Ph has dropped over the past two days it was satying around 7.4-7.5 and yesterday it had dropped to 7.2 so I added 2lbs 14oz to get it to 7.5 I come home today and check it and it is at about 7.0. Any one have any ideas?
    My levels are

I have a 24' AG

Ok my wife read it wrong its at about 7.8-7.9 I guess that was too much borax yesterday. I went by the pool calc. Is that too high? I know it says 7.5-7.8. Is there a different type of test other than the color code. I have a hard time telling the difference so I ask my wife and she tells me wrong. LOL. Everyone makes mistakes
    24' AG, 52" wall ,resin with 1Hp pentair pump with sand dollar sand filter. Hayward aquatrol salt generator

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: PH Drop

The PH calculations are always approximate. When making a significant PH change it is always best to use 1/2 to 2/3rds of the amount calculated and see where that gets you.

The usual color comparison PH test is just about the best one available. But there are some electronic alternatives. The electronic PH testers are less reliable and more expensive, but they will give you a reading when you can't do the color comparisons.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Covington, Georgia

Re: PH Drop

When I test our PH jeremydu, I ALWAYS have to get my wife to pick a color and thats what we go with! So dont feel bad
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!