pH still going up

dubele

Jun 17, 2013
Southeast Pennsylvania
Hi all,

I am going on vacation soon and I am concerned on what to do with my pool while I am gone. The pool is a new start up and I should be fine with everything except pH. The pool is new, 5/5, and the pH rises daily. I have a 13,500 gallon gunite and I add anywhere from 12-24 oz a day. What can I do while I am away?? I'd rather not have neighbors come over, but there are pool owners in next door and two doors down. Isn't there something that will leach out slowly a pH down so the pH will be maintained while I am gone??

Thanks,
Doug

When I went on vacation during the first year of my pool, I had someone (my daughter) put the correct amount (use your best estimate) of dry acid (pH down) in the pool. It's easier than adding MA for someone not used to adding chemicals to a pool. I don't see that you have much of a choice other than to ask a friend or a neighbor to come by one or twice while you are out of town.

That said, how long will you be gone? A question for one of the experts: will 7-10 days of high pH really mess up one's plaster?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.