Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just One Cup!

1. Back To Top    #1

Just One Cup!

Bought a bag of ZeoFiber and added a cup to my Sand Filter yesterday. Wow! This morning it looked like somebody stole all the water from my pool. It really seems to have added a new level of clarity.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just One Cup!

Great!

Watch that filter pressure. Until you get caught up with the backlog, it will load up the filter pretty fast. After that, I'll bet keeping it in there should make that water sparkle all summer long.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Is the ZeoFiber effect the same or better than just using a little DE in the sand filter?
    22K IG vinyl, .5HP Northstar pump, S244T filter, AutoPilot Digital w/SC-48 cell

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't know. I have a DE filter. They seem to work about the same in there. I just like being able to backwash onto the front lawn with the cellulose.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Richard using the cellulose in a DE filter and doing just a backwash (not opening the filter at all), do you re-coat with the same amount as if you did a full cleaning of each grid?

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Richard using the cellulose in a DE filter and doing just a backwash (not opening the filter at all), do you re-coat with the same amount as if you did a full cleaning of each grid?
    No. My filter has the backwash valve integral and under the filter. So I backwash to lose most of it, then open it up and hose off the grids with the valve open and the rest of it washes away with no further disassembly. So every time I use the full amount.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by chrisexv6 View Post
    Is the ZeoFiber effect the same or better than just using a little DE in the sand filter?
    Seems about the same. ZeoFiber is safer than DE and breaks down naturally.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"