Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Owner/ New to BBB

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Owner/ New to BBB

Hello everyone, I bought a foreclosed home with a swamp out back. i read pool school and after 30+ gallons of bleach( for SLAM), 10 boxes of borax and 5 baking soda I have a sparkling clear pool. THANKS TFP!!!
    Here's some quick numbers from this a.m with Taylor K2005 kit
    FC 5
    CC 0
    PH 7.8
    CYA 80
    TA 100
    My question is:It looks like it is going to take 2 gals of 8.5 bleach each day, is that about normal for a full sun, 80 degree pool, Thanks in advance

I'm not sure if I got my signature right:20x40 IG, 35k, Vinyl, Rectangle, Hayward Sand Filter, 1hp Pump, BBB Method, built in the 80'S

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New Pool Owner/ New to BBB

About 1 gallon would be 2 ppm daily and that is average.

I am not sure how you slammed with the K-2005 because it won't test the chlorine high enough for you. My guess is the SLAM wasn't complete and you still have remaining organics in the pool.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I had to dilute pool water 3 times with tap water to get it to read 10 ppm of FC, so i figured i was over 30 ppm during SLAM
    20x40 IG , Vinyl, 33k Gal, Hayward Sand Filter, 1hp Pump, TFP Method, Built in the 80's

4. Back To Top    #4

Unless you are on a well, Tap water has chlorine in it. That would have affected your results.
    12000 Gallon IG Plaster built 2/15/2014. Jandy 340 sg ft 127 gpm filter, Jandy 1 HP stealth pump. Circupool RJ-45 SWG (overkill). TF-100 with Speed Stir.