Help Find a word for Excessive Tree Debris that fouls pool water...

czipper

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2014
Long Island, NY
My pool is surrounded by huge Oak trees that shed ENORMOUS amounts of chaff into my pool in the spring (see pics). I am not alone, anyone with mature trees near their pool goes through it too. It just seems that this situation is common and disgusting enough there should be a specific word to describe it.
Any ideas?

I know one moderator whose pool isnt surrounded by trees and isn't any fun at parties...

Not that anyone is listening it seems, but I am going to go with baum-sheisse. Anyone who knows a bit of German can figure that one out. Got to love German for its ability to put an appropriate sounding word to anything unpleasant.

:lol: Actually I would be embarrassed to show my pool right now do to all the tree debris coming off the palm trees the last few weeks. I certainly feel your frustration ... although now I think I have to go get the forum dirty word filter updated :mrgreen:

Oak catkins are such a problem. I would suggest a good trimming of the trees. You can cut about 25% out of the crown, artfully, using a good tree service, without doing any damage to the tree.

Here in hurricane country I give all my trees a good looking over here at the start of storm season. Lightening the branches will dispose of a good bit of the leaves that fall later and possibly save tree damage in big winds should be get a storm.

It will be expensive to have professionally done, but falling out of a tree is no fun. Watching a great tree cutter is like watching an areal ballet, they rope the branches to control where and how they fall. And they haul them away, that's the best part!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.