Pump draining overnight

forya

Jun 18, 2013
SE Pa (Bucks County)
My pump looses prime overnight. It is about 10' higher than the pool, and i notice that the basket empties out when the pump shuts down for the night. It always re-primes on it's own and has protection if it wouldn't, I just worry that this is a problem. I do not have any check valves, and the plumbing is real tight, so I would have to replace a lot of stuff to try to squeeze one in.
Is this a result of the elevation, or is there an issue? Do I need to fix it, or since the pump can re-prime in a few seconds, is it OK?

The only issue I might have is with my Hayward chloranator ( I know you guys hate these, but I have to travel too much, and use bleach when I am home.). When my water drains back to the pool my chloranator will drain too? Will it recover when the pool pump starts up? I can't see what goes on inside the thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.