Pool leaking water

Ginna

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2014
milford
I am new to TFP. Mesh cover off IG 6/1. Within the last 2 days losing water.
this am water below the skimmer. power off.
Any suggestions -? Any thoughts on Marlig Fix a Leak?
FC 0.46
cc 3.15
ph 7.5
ta 37ppm
ch 121
cya 3
greenish murky water

25,900 gallon rectangular fiberglass IG hayward pump sand filter 75 GPM

Oh boy, with green water it may be hard to do a lot of leak detecting inside the pool. Water below the skimmers tells you that it is not the skimmers.

You have looked carefully for mushy spots where the piping runs?

At this point, I'd fix a ruler to the side of the pool and track the exact water level daily. Was the pool running when the leaking started?

I know nothing about Marlig Fix a Leak, nor fiberglass pools, so someone who does will surely be along soon to help you.

Thank you.... blue green murkey water - can not see bottom. No mushy ground where pipes run. Ruler in.
Water level was OK when cover came off B/c of alot of rain in NJ.
So Since the pump has been on... water leaking.

25,900 gallon rectangular fiberglass IG hayward pump sand filter 75 GPM Milford, New Jersey

- - - Updated - - -

Will pick up ammonia test today - thanks - Yes local pool store test results... computerized spin method (WaterLink DataMate 10 --LaMotte)....not just the strip test.
I have order the test kit 100 - have not yet recieved that in the mail.....
What would an ammonia test /redflag mean or suggest??

In inground pools, some times CYA can convert to ammonia. It creates an extreme chlorine demand - the ratio to oxidize ammonia is 10 parts chlorine to 1 part ammonia. When the CC is very high on initial testing and CYA very low, it's a red flag to me that it could be ammonia.

It essentially means you'll be purchasing a lot of chlorine so if you have a source for 12.5% at a decent price ($3 a gallon is good) stock up once you know your ammonia level you can get a rough estimate of how much chlorine you'll need. We can help you calculate that.

- - - Updated - - -

The leak - I'd turn the pump off today and see if the water continues to drop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.