Backwashing

I'm a bit unsure of how to do this properly, so I figure the pool geniuses here will know. Based on what I read, it appears that I should follow this protocol:

1. Shut Pump off
2. Switch Filter to Backwash Mode
3. Turn pump back on
4. Let it backwash until sight glass is clear
5. Turn pump off
6. Turn back to Filter mode
7. Turn pump back on

I read that some people like to run it on rinse after, what do you guys think? Want to make sure I do it right.

I alternate back and forth between backwash and rinse a few times, not just once. Even though it runs clear after the first rinse, if you do it a few more times, you will see more crud come out. Of course you lose more water, but it's cleaner.

Yes, that is it Richard.

steveg_nh said:
I alternate back and forth between backwash and rinse a few times, not just once. Even though it runs clear after the first rinse, if you do it a few more times, you will see more crud come out. Of course you lose more water, but it's cleaner.

Yeah, I think I may have too, I'm gonna have to add water before I can backwash hard core. I'm going to have the better half hook that up tonight and add water, hopefully it won't slow down my SLAM too much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.