Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stabilizer question

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Stabilizer question

A friend of mine asked me some questions about her pool that is currently cloudy. She recently added this http://www.lesliespool.com/leslies-c...stabilizer.htm to her pool. Does anyone know how I can find out how much this would raise her CYA? I cannot find the ingredients listed online.
    AG 24' round 52" walls, 12,900 gal
    Proline 22" sand filter, Proline 1hp pump, vinyl liner, Taylor TF-100 test kit, TFPC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stabilizer question

The ingredient list is on the side of the bucket. Does your friend have the bucket in hand, and can she read the ingredient list?
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

No she threw it out.

Proline 22" sand filter, Proline 1hp pump, vinyl liner, Taylor TF-100 test kit, TFPC

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry, I didn't read enough. If you scroll down on the page you linked to earlier, it says 100% cyanuric acid. If you look at the picture, it looks like the ingredient list is 100% of something and 0% other ingredients, which would lead me to believe that it is 100% cyanuric acid. I'm pretty sure this isn't one of the conditioners that has other, unwanted stuff in it.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok so it's an 8lb bucket so using 128 ounces in pool math the whole bucket would raise the CYA to 74 right? Wow!

6. Back To Top    #6

What size pool does she have?
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

24'

8. Back To Top    #8

Your numbers are about right ... got to love the pool store recommendations
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Yesterday I tested the CYA it was 55, no chlorine. Since she added it a couple days ago I was trying to get the slam target. So I added 2 gallons of 12.5% yesterday to bring th FC to 20. This morning it was gone. Went twice today adding more. Stopping tonight to check it again. Guess I will up the target to 30.
    Thanks!
    Here's some pics.

10. Back To Top    #10

Did you measure the CC level? FC vanishing overnight like that is fairly clear water is often ammonia. If it is ammonia, the CC level will be very high. If CC is zero (or close) then something else is going on.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

Yes, CC was 0, FC-0, PH-7.5, TA-110, CYA-55. Added chlorine to bring FC to about 20 4pm yesterday. Today FC was 0 at 9am, checked it again at 10:15 it was down to 15, added another gallon. Checked it at 4:30 it was down to 10, added 2 more gallons. Yesterday & this morning I couldn't seen the bottom, this afternoon I could. She can't find her vacuum so I'm going to bring mine over tomorrow. Her husband normally takes care of the pool, he is away. I will be checking it again in the morning.