Pentair Master Temp 400 and Screenlogic2

Aug 28, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I recently linked my Pentair EZtouch board with my mobile devices via screenlogic2. Previously, we had to operate the heater manually. It wasn't set to automatically turn on for preset heat temp, pool or spa. Now that everything is automated for remote access, I want the heater to operate remotely as well. I went to HEAT menu on EZ touch, turned "Man Heat" to OFF and was hoping when I switched over to Spa remotely,, the heater would automatically turn on. The only way it turns on is if I physically switch heater to "Spa On" via the MasterTemp control panel.

Am I set up incorrectly? When I switch spa off via screen logic, the Master Temp turns off as the valves switch back and pump turns off. (The temp on MasterTemp display spikes for a second to 126'ish then slowly goes back down. The Red Service System light stays on and this troubles me?) Should I not touch anything? Leave it in Spa On mode so when it switches to Spa it automatically turns on? Or is this bad for the equipment and I have a setting wrong?

Thanks.

If you look in your heater manual, there is a diagram of the remote control connection. If I remember correctly there is a jumper right next to that connection that turns remote control on and off. While you have to cover off to look at the jumper you can also confirm that the remote control cable is connected.

Krisher -

Was it difficult to hook-up the heater to the EZ Touch? Did you have a SWG also? Where those difficult in setting up? How did your screenlogic2 locate the equipment or wireless system from outside? Was it automatic?

J

19k IG Radiant Fusion pool, 750 gal spa, spillway and waterfalls, IntelliFlo VS / SuperFlo VS w/ Timer, Pentair Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter 420 sqft. Complete High Flo, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, Pool Cleaner suction-side cleaner, IntelliTouch/EasyTouch 8SC controls w/ ScreenLogic2, city water supply, Intellibrite Pool/Spa Lights

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.