Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Return Port Hose Separation Issue...

1. Back To Top    #1

Return Port Hose Separation Issue...

I hope I'm in the right place to post this question...

My wife and I discovered that we were losing water and we've identified the source. Now the question is, what do we do.

As you can see in the attached photo, one of the return hoses into the pool has become separated from one of two return ports into the pool. (Not sure if I'm using the correct terminology here. My apologies.)

I tried to pull the hose back, but it wouldn't budge. It looks like it simply needs to be reconnected and its good to go. My only concern is that I can't quite figure out how to go about doing it without destroying a panel of concrete and digging my way down behind the fiberglass and reattaching it from that side. I'm assuming that it was originally attached using pvc cement or the like and we believe that an air pocket caused it to become dislodged after 10 years. No other reason we can think of.

I'm worried that if I bring in a contractor they will try to charge me thousands to fix what would appear to be a small issue.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be much appreciated.

IMAG0398.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Return Port Hose Separation Issue...

Can you post a picture of the pool from above? Basically, give us a good view of what is above that return line, and give us a good view of the other side of the pool wall (what is behind the return port from the above picture's perspective).
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Return Port Hose Separation Issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Smykowski View Post
    Can you post a picture of the pool from above? Basically, give us a good view of what is above that return line, and give us a good view of the other side of the pool wall (what is behind the return port from the above picture's perspective).
    Here is a better shot of the pool as requested. https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-H...09-19-29_1.jpg

The port in question is the right one.

It is a standard fiberglass installation from what I've seen of them, as this is my first one and it came with the house we purchased. The filter sits about 30-35 feet from that end as well.