Salt water chlorinator not working pls help

Jun 3, 2014
Birmingham /AL
I have a Hayward salt water chlorinator & no lights are on. The pool has turned green. When I power it off then back the no flow light comes on. It is on super chlorinate & after a few minutes that light goes out & no other lights will come on. I don't know anything about it I am posting this for my dad he is the one who knows how to operate it this is what I've seen from watching him it's just the first time the pool has been green since going to salt. Please help & let me know if there's anything that can be done besides buying a new box. Thanks

Welcome to the forum. How old/what type is the cell? What is the cya level? What is the salt level? Has it been cleaned lately? Full set of test results please. Ordered one of our recommended test kits? Please add a signature line to your profile on all your pool equipment. Lot of questions, huh!

Yes it has been cleaned. The water has been tested & everything is perfect after shocked & added chlorine. Ordered a new Hayward box & the power light does not come on. It is on the numbers are on the screen. The power light was not coming on the old one & it's just strange that the power light is not coming on the new one now. The generating light will come on & go off but figured that's because the water is good right now & it doesn't need to be on. My dad said the power light used to stay on all the time. It has power the flow light comes on & times out. We are kinda lost
Right now. I'm on my way
To the lake right now tomo night or Sunday I'll try & list everything we have. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.