Just need some reassurance...(BBB method).

jimmerz

Jun 25, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi all.

FC - 7
CC - 0
TA - 50
PH - 6.8
CYA - 40

Water is looking good. A little cold and not much swimming right now but according to the pool math i need to add about 141 ounces of baking soda? for my TA (which might also help my PH as well)

What is the best way to add this and what is the best way to purchase that much Baking soda (I have a 16oz in my fridge, lol).

Thanks Jim

You can find 4 lb boxes and 12 lb bags of baking soda at grocery stores, costco, walmart.
Baking soda won't do much for pH.
Borax will raise pH a lot and TA a little
If you can find washing soda in the laundry aisle at the store, you can raise both pH and TA at once.

Plug your numbers into poolmath, and when it gives you a dose, go down to where it says "Effects of Adding Chemicals" and it will give you a pretty close approximation of what will happen with each chemical.

This article tells how to add each chemical properly: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/139-recommended-pool-chemicals

I'm gonna check target and Walmart, if they don't have it in just gonna get the baking soda and get my TA where it needs to be 1st. Not much swimming in my area yet and it's gonna rain all this week... Ugh. Pool looks good and my FC are where they need to be. PH and TA are a little low but I have some time to get everything just right. Most places look at me like I'm crazy when I ask if they have washing soda... Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Quick question. I've been getting some blackish/greenish spots. Looks like dirt that somehow blew into the pool. My wife thinks I have algae? All my numbers have been good. I've shocked and passed my oclt and the water looks great. But every couple days this dirt like stuff appears in a couple areas on bottom. So, thoughts???

Jim, is it attaching itself to the liner? If so, it's algae but if it's just rolling around the bottom, it's probably just dirt. The wind here was wicked the last few days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It depends on trees and such surrounding the pool. I vac 1x a week and brush the day before I vac. I do get dirt in my pool but I'm still working on it and we have a lot of mud going on right now. We have one big pine that blows needles in that sits in the neighbor's yard and a small lilac. The pine is the biggest mess maker for me but other than that, our pool stays fairly clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.