Intex 12x24x52

sremtt

Jun 3, 2014
Redding, CA
Hi,

I found this forum last summer, and you guys are all fantastic! Hopefully I can learn something today too, haha.

I've had Intex pools (round ones) for 4 years, and this year we bought a larger, rectangular one, 12x24x52. It's been a headache! First, we leveled the ground (or so we thought) and then set up the pool. After filling it about halfway, we realized its not level enough, drained it, adjusted it, and refilled the pool. Today, I noticed some of the legs are more vertical than angled ( | instead of / ). I tried and (obviously) couldn't pull them out, so I dug away some dirt in front of the pool to try to make room to pull the legs out. They shifted alright... shifted down. Apparently I had dug too deep. Now, it looks like this: pool.jpg (hopefully that attachment works).

Anyways- since there's still room for the leg to be pulled forward, should I attempt to move it outwards more, before resorting to draining it again?

Also, what sort of impact will it have if a few legs are not pulled out all the way?

Thanks so much.

Hi there and welcome... I have the smaller version of your pool.... :) I can't quite tell if you've got pavers underneath the legs or not, because the weight of your pool is about 37 tonnes.... That's a lot of weight..... Can you post a picture of the water, so we can tell by the tile how level it is please?

My pool weighs about 17 tonnes, and I'm using wooden railway sleepers that are nearly 8cm thick underneath the legs of my pool... The only way to level your pool properly is with a laser level and spirit level... Is there grass underneath your pool?

Dang.. I feel like a fool - I hadn't really grasped how heavy the pool is. :/

We have pressure treated wood under each leg like the instruction manual said to.

It's probably best to drain it and readjust the legs and supports under them. I want this to pool to be set up and to last, so it's best to just get it right this time, and play it safe. There is no way in heck those legs are being lifted up... they're too heavy. :/

*edit* yeah, I'll get a picture of the water level in a bit. And yeah there's grass. Thanks! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.