K-2005 replacement reagents

Azmp1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 20, 2012
Maryland
folks, I need to buy refills for my k-2005 kit. Checked Tftestkits.com but they don't have refills for K-2005. Can I use K-2006 refills?
I need R-0001, R-0002, R-0004, R0009, R0012.

Thanks

You have a DPD chlorine test (pink matching colors), which has some big limitations. The K-2006 comes with the FAS-DPD chlorine test instead which is FAR superior. All the other tests are identical between the K2005 and K2006.

Add the FAS-DPD to your kit and you will have the equivalent to the K-2006 (with the extra DPD test you have now which is pretty useless).

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, you can order the FAS-DPD test from tftestkits as the reagents are the same between the K-2006 and the TF-100 .. they are just different qu

As long as you can measure 10ml in your current vial, then you are fine ... although it may be easier to swirl with a separate one. The FAS-DPD kit comes with the 2 reagents, a vial, and a little scooper. If you just buy the reagents, you should be able to use any vial and then just a little Popsicle stick or something for the scooper.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.