Hayward H400 Heater - Combustion Blower problem

mhhuck

Apr 20, 2014
United States
Hi,

I have a Hayward H400IDPL2 heater; I was getting an AO error in the display. I replaced the combustion blower, ignition control board, and blower vacuum switch. When I turned on the heater, the blower started, then ignition (flame, etc); after about 2-3 minutes I heard a metallic clanking sound. The combustion blower motor had 'collapsed' and sagged down -- enough to wedge against the rotating blower wheel and stop it. It seems like there is enough 'play' in the sheet metal holding the motor that it can flex in or out (?). I'm not sure why the metal is like this as it allows the motor to sag and stop the blower. Any thoughts/ideas? Also, this is the second blower I've replaced -- same thing happened with the first one. Thanks!

Time for a new heater, seriously. If you replaced all of these parts you should have invested in a new unit. The model of Hayward heater is their second worst model they made. Sounds like the hood the motor mounts to has become fatigued and is too weak to support the weight of the motor once it gets heated up.

Seriously consider a new heater before things go further south.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.