Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pump install plumbing headache

1. Back To Top    #1

New pump install plumbing headache

Hello friends,
    I am about to install a new Pentair Pump. I am trying to re organized the plumbing that I currently have. I have cooper lines with make adapters sticking from the Cement slab. The 2 copper pipes coming in from the suction lines are 2 skimmers, 2 drains (bottom of the pool and spa) and what it appears to be a dedicated suction line I believe that the skimmers are also connected to the main drains? The bottom line I have 3 pipes that need to feed to my pump. Since the copper pipes do not line strait, I have to make some creative cutting to my pvc to get them to work together in line so they all can function. Worst case scenario I might need to cap one of the skimmers to facilitate installation or cut in to the cement to try to see if they would move to facilitate installation. Each of the three lines will be controlled with an individual valve.
    Question 1: Does any have a tip in how to get the ground pipes to line up straight?
    Question 2: Is it a good Idea to close a functioning skimmer? This particular skimmer might be connected to the dedicated suction line.
    Your input is very valuable to me and I thank you in advance,
    G.
    22k plaster pool kidney shape. Pentair 4000 de series 48 ft. 2 SKIMMERS, 2 drains (pool and spa), 3 returns (2 pool and 1 spa) gas heater and pentair intelliflow , Underwater pentair light.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pump install plumbing headache

I am thinking a short piece of flex PVC glued into a female adapter just above the copper might provide enough play to get things lined up.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    I am thinking a short piece of flex PVC glued into a female adapter just above the copper might provide enough play to get things lined up.
    flex pvc like the one's used in spas? I was reviewing that option! How reliable is flex pvc? The pump I am using the the variable speed. Will it hold as a permanent job?

I welcome you advice and Thank you!

G.
    22k plaster pool kidney shape. Pentair 4000 de series 48 ft. 2 SKIMMERS, 2 drains (pool and spa), 3 returns (2 pool and 1 spa) gas heater and pentair intelliflow , Underwater pentair light.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, like used on some spas. At 2" it is pretty stiff, but you only need minor alignment. Hard to say that any PVC is a permanent job, but it should last nearly as long as hard PVC. At least this is protected in a shed.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Excellent! The pipes will be protected by a shelter.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by photo2u View Post
    flex pvc like the one's used in spas? I was reviewing that option! How reliable is flex pvc? The pump I am using the the variable speed. Will it hold as a permanent job?

I welcome you advice and Thank you!

G.