New pump install plumbing headache

Jan 3, 2010
Claremont california
Hello friends,
I am about to install a new Pentair Pump. I am trying to re organized the plumbing that I currently have. I have cooper lines with make adapters sticking from the Cement slab. The 2” copper pipes coming in from the suction lines are 2 skimmers, 2 drains (bottom of the pool and spa) and what it appears to be a dedicated suction line I believe that the skimmers are also connected to the main drains? The bottom line I have 3 pipes that need to feed to my pump. Since the copper pipes do not line strait, I have to make some creative cutting to my pvc to get them to work together in line so they all can function. Worst case scenario I might need to cap one of the skimmers to facilitate installation or cut in to the cement to try to see if they would move to facilitate installation. Each of the three lines will be controlled with an individual valve.
Question 1: Does any have a tip in how to get the ground pipes to line up straight?
Question 2: Is it a good Idea to close a functioning skimmer? This particular skimmer might be connected to the dedicated suction line.
Your input is very valuable to me and I thank you in advance,
G.

Yes, like used on some spas. At 2" it is pretty stiff, but you only need minor alignment. Hard to say that any PVC is a permanent job, but it should last nearly as long as hard PVC. At least this is protected in a shed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.