SWG pools

Ok great!

My SWG calls for 4000ppm for optimal production. We added 7 bags of salt based on the calculator here, to bring it up from 3000. The next day after running the pump all night with the SWG off, and brushing it all in to help it dissolve, we had small white chips in the skimmer baskets and a oily film feel to the wall of the skimmers. Was this calcium scaling?

How would calcium scaling have gotten into the skimmer basket? And it would not be oily.

I too only add a little bleach before a party, or if the FC drops more than I expected.

I've only added liquid chlorine when SLAMing.

Also, it might be worth checking out the cost of food grade salt from a restaurant supply store. It dissolves soooo much faster. My owners manual actually said that's the best to use (but NOT iodized). I just happen to work for a food service Co. And get it at cost but I tell people to check retail like SAMs or Rest. Depot for 25# bags as it may just be cheeper.

How would calcium scaling have gotten into the skimmer basket? And it would not be oily.

slight correction, whatever it was/is was in the container of the robot cleaner we use, and a small amount in the pump basket. I'll upload a pic in a minute. Maybe salt that did not dissolve, but seems rather large. The oily part was just noticed at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Only pic I have, not the best clarity.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.